FW: DR 16-0006 - response - DML - Diagrams, Charts and SpreadsheetML Drawings: omissions and inconsistencies in the specification of attributes

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Wed Dec 5 21:59:49 CET 2018

From: Alfred Hellstern <Alfred.Hellstern at microsoft.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 12:52 PM
To: Rex Jaeschke <rex at RexJaeschke.com>
Subject: DR 16-0006 - response - DML - Diagrams, Charts and SpreadsheetML
Drawings: omissions and inconsistencies in the specification of attributes

Rex,

here's the response from the product team for DR 16-0006:

The DR bug points out an inconsistency in specifying the default value for
the macro attribute in  DrawingML.  For Shape, Connector, Graphic Frame, we
don't specify the default value.  But for picture, we specify the default as
an empty string.

For: Shape, Connecter, Graphic frame:

<xsd:attribute

name="macro" type="xsd:string"

use="optional"/>

For: Picture

<xsd:attribute

name="macro" type="xsd:string" use="optional" default=""/>

Although when we look at the drawing.xml in saved xlsx file, , we always
save macro=""  (empty) for all above drawing types if there is no macro
assigned to it. We don't need to make any change here. Although there is
inconsistency but there is nothing wrong.

Alfred

This message has been scanned for malware by Forcepoint. www.forcepoint.com