FW: DR 17-0004 - response - DML: element nvContentPartPr exists in the schema but not in prose

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Wed Dec 5 21:59:49 CET 2018

From: Alfred Hellstern <Alfred.Hellstern at microsoft.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 12:52 PM
To: Rex Jaeschke <rex at RexJaeschke.com>
Subject: DR 17-0004 - response - DML: element nvContentPartPr exists in the
schema but not in prose

2018-02-27 Makoto Murata:

I cannot find nvContentPr anywhere. Which clause of which version of Ecma
376 has nvContentPr?

ISO/IEC 29500-1:2011/Cor.1:2012 introduced element cNvContentPartPr and
element nvContentPartPr to dml-wordprocessingDrawing.rnc.

Although it introduces §20.4.2.x, “cNvContentPartPr (Non-Visual Content Part
Drawing Properties)”, it did not introduce a new subclause for
nvContentPartPr.

Or, is the product team talking about nvContentPr from [MS-ODRAWXML]? I am
afraid that its complex type of this element contains cNvInkPr, which is
proprietary and of a Microsoft namespace.

I received the following response from the product team:

You will not able to find nvContentPr anymore. It was replaced with
nvContentPartPr.

nvContentPartPr was introduced in O14 for storing non-visual properties of
ink. The element name was at first nvContentPr but then changed to
nvContentPartPr.

nvContentPartPr is documented, you can find it in
https://interoperability.blob.core.windows.net/files/MS-ODRAWXML/[MS-ODRAWXM
L]-180427.pdf
<https://interoperability.blob.core.windows.net/files/MS-ODRAWXML/%5bMS-ODRA
WXML%5d-180427.pdf>