The current status of my OPC rewrite

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Sun Jun 3 09:24:23 CEST 2018

Dear colleagues,

I significantly rewrote the OPC draft (esp. Clause 9)
It is available at

https://1drv.ms/w/s!An5Z79wj5AZBgfpsdSK6syTHAhxagg

My proposed rewrite of definitions (see my e-mail)
are not yet embedded in this draft yet.

The last batch of Comments from Caroline is available
as a WML document.  I struck out what I have addressed.

https://1drv.ms/w/s!An5Z79wj5AZBgf5beZX358LSuDcDqg

But I have not finished some issues.  Most of them are
about ZIP.

1. Should 9.2.3.4 (Setting a Part Media Type in the Media Types
Stream) and 9.2.3.5 (Determining a Part Media Type from the Media
Types Stream) be non-normative?

2. Do we allow ZIP files to contain zip items not representing parts?
29500-1 allows unknown parts (9.1.4) and trash items (9.1.5),. but
disallows invalid parts (9.1.6).  Appear to be implicitly allowed by

  5) If neither Override nor Default elements with matching
  attributes are found for the specified part name, the
  implementation shall not map this part name to a part.

3. Explicitly state that the general purpose bit 11 shall be set,
if ZIP item names use Unicode characters beyond UTF-8.

4. Merge 9.3.6 ZIP Package Limitations and Annex B. Both are
about OPC-specific restrictions on ZIP.  Do not duplicate
restrictions already stated in APPNOTE.

5. Revisit all restrictions in 9.3.6.  Should they be moved to Annex
B or 9.3.1?  Should they be simply removed?

6. Should we drop 2.10 (Support for Versioning and Extensibility)?

See you in London!