Principles adopted when editing OPC

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Thu Mar 8 17:08:14 CET 2018

Hi,

as discussed earlier, when editing OPC we discussed some general
principles to follow these can be summarised thus:

* any restatements of the W3C recommendation were removed unless there are
OPC-specific restrictions and extensions
* attempt to define OPC-specific concepts should be at the level of the
relevant element, ie. remove definitions at child level that actually
refer to a parent object

This meant we could simplify text and remove redundant and potentially
conflicting repetitions. Where text remains unclear, and sometimes this is
unavoidably so, it is suggested that explanatory examples are provided.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director