Some editorial details for Annex B

caroline arms caroline.arms at gmail.com
Fri May 11 13:35:41 CEST 2018

Murata-san,

Here are a few notes for Annex B.  However, I have not been through the
annex in fine detail.  These are just things I ran into when exploring
other ZIP-related issues.

Your new title for the clause has a typo.  " Restrctions" is missing an "i"
-- should be "Restrictions"

B.1.  Need to qualify "packages" to make sure we are talking about OPC
packages.
===

Table B-1

"from spec version 4.5" (which occurs at least twice in the table) is
referring to https://www.pkware.com/documents/APPNOTE/APPNOTE-4.5.0.txt
Do we need to add this to Normative References or Bibliography?  Do we need
to explain this reference better?

What seems to be the case is that use of ZIP64 is somewhat discouraged and
only the version 1 is permitted.  This corresponds to ISO/IEC 21320-1.
Should we make this clearer?

"from spec version 6.2" is also used.  Should it be better explained?

===

Table B-3
" requirements for the Extract field " should be " requirements for the
Version Needed to Extract field.

===

As I pointed out in Clause 9 notes, we should consider whether "Extra
field" should be "Extra Field" in most instances in Annex B.  APPNOTE uses
"Extra Field" and "extra field"

    Caroline (now turning to other, non-OOXML, matters)