The DR log has been updated with all mails EXCEPT that from Murata-san on 2018-09-08 w.r.t DR 15-0020

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Mon Sep 10 03:45:22 CEST 2018

Once we review Murata-san’s mail below, I’ll update the DR log, as appropriate. Rex

From: MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp>
Sent: Saturday, September 8, 2018 5:29 AM
To: SC34 <e-SC34-WG4 at ecma-international.org>
Subject: DR 15-0020

2018-09-07 Alfred Hellstern:

Response from our product team:

1)     shapeDefaults – standard states only vml-officeDrawing.xsd is allowed. Schema is consistent with this.

2)     hdrShapeDefaults – standard states only vml-officeDrawing.xsd is allowed. Schema is consistent with this.

3)     pict- need to investigate code to determine if it’s possible to write out both vml.xsd and vml-officeDrawing.xsd. Schema allows both namespaces, but standard indicates only vml.xsd is allowed.

4)     background- proposal is to insert a new section between 14.1 and 14.2 called Main Document Story that includes a new item describing use of VML for the background element, indicating that vml.xsd and vml-officeDrawing.xsd are allowed. This is consistent with the schema. I agree.

5)     object- proposal is to insert a new section after 14.3.2, to describe VML for object element, indicating that vml.xsd and vml-officeDrawing.xsd are allowed. This is consistent with the schema. I agree.

6)     Pml.xsd and sml.xsd- I’m not sure about this portion of the DR. Those appear to be related to PPT and XL Strict XML? (Correct me if I’m wrong here).

So I think we need to investigate 3) a little more, and I need help understanding whether 6) is really an item for us?

Although the DR log for 15-0020 mentions 6), this is is actually a part of

DR 17-0013 and DR 1R 17-0004.

It remains to study 3) a little more.

Click here <https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/MZbqvYs5QwJvpeaetUwhCQ==>  to report this email as spam.

This message has been scanned for malware by Forcepoint.  <http://www.forcepoint.com/> www.forcepoint.com