DR-19-0015: "DML: Meaningless examples in Styles section"

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Thu Feb 28 17:45:54 CET 2019

Am .02.2019, 16:04 Uhr, schrieb Francis Cave <francis at franciscave.com>:

> I agree with Caroline’s suggestion that the example is not worth
> repeating. However, if the example actually included one or more code
> fragments showing different ways of defining the colors in a theme, this
> might actually be useful. Personally, I consider the coloured bars image
> worse than useless, because it conveys no information at all but hints
> that the colors might be grouped or interact in some normative way that
> I don’t believe is the case, so might confuse implementers.

An excellent DR!

A couple of general notes: the text talks all the time about 12 colours
but the example only looks like it only has 10 (you have to look twice to
consider the hyperlinks as part of the example).

An important point of colour themes and thus why they're useful is that
the colours are related according to colour theory and can be used
together without clashing. For example, I think the saturation of the
accent colours is the same. Code that demonstrates this could be useful.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director