ZIP version used for OPC

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Fri Jan 25 05:39:14 CET 2019

Alfred,

First, I strongly think that digital signatures of OPC have
to be significantly extended. XAdES EN, XML DSig 1.1, and
SHA 256 are strongly required.  But WG4 has agreed not to
do so in this revision.  One reason is that the revision of
ISO 14533-2:2012 (XAdES Profile) has not been completed
yet.  After the current revision of OPC is completed, I
hope to start an amendment project for digital signatures.

Second, it is not only OPC that uses DEFLATE and
nothing else.  EPUB does the same thing.  I believe
that other compression methods as documented in
PKWARE Appnote require license fee to PKWARE.