ZIP version used for OPC

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Fri Jan 25 11:35:27 CET 2019

Am .01.2019, 22:08 Uhr, schrieb Alfred Hellstern
<Alfred.Hellstern at microsoft.com>:

> (i.e. based still on ZIP, which itself is limited to fairly light
> compression),

ZIP is pretty good for text files, like the majority of an OOXML package.
The bigger deficit, as I see it, is the inability to stream. But of all
the things I'd be looking at for future versions, the compression system
wouldn't be close to the top of the list, because being able to open the
package is a sine qua non for interoperability.

Discussions so far have been limited to correcting and clarifying the
existing specification. But it is nice to see people thinking of potential
updates to the specification.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark