REMINDER AND DRAFT AGENDA - Teleconference meeting of WG 6, 2010-06-23 at 13:00 UTC

Svante Schubert Svante.Schubert at Sun.COM
Wed Jun 23 14:24:41 CEST 2010

Hi Alex,

On 23.06.2010 13:37, Alex Brown wrote:
> Svante hi
>
> Thanks for this ... a few queries:
>
> 1309:1
> -------
> For 1309:1, was there not a constraint here that needed to be expressed? (that variables needed to be declared before use) Or is declaration of variable after use okay?

The current fix is

6.3

Variable Fields

Delete:

"In the OpenDocument file format, a variable must be declared at the
beginning of a document".

N1309:1 <http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2198>

The variables have to be defined before their usage, as in the schema
defined.
I have followed Michael Brauer suggestion to remove the sentence, see
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2198?focusedCommentId=17405&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#action_17405
> 1309:10
> ---------
> For 1309:10 the proposed new text includes the words:
>
> "In conformance with the W3C XML specification [XML1.0], white-space characters that are contained in elements that have element content (in other words that must contain elements only but not text) are ignored."
>
> I don't see how this is in conformance with XML.

Why?
> I propose something like "An ODF processor shall ignore whitespace in element content for elements not declared to contain text content in the ODF schema". Is this what is meant?

ODF explicilty defines where whitespace have to be preserved and is not
using the optional xml:space tag. Still I see no conflict with the XML
specification.
Perhaps I have missed an argument of yours?
> 1309:7
> -------
> I still don't understand what "within two lines" means. Is there some text that can be referenced to help explain this? (or is this clear enough to others?)

The domain expert's opinion on this was that if someone is working on
this he might know, for instance by looking up Kumimoji and Warichu.
For instance OpenOffice is based on the W3C working draft (see
http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WD-i18n-format-19990910/#a6-3) , we are not
able to reference by the spec, but are used for OOO to implement.

On the other hand I am open for any wording suggestion that might
express this complex layout environment, without specifying it more than
it was before in ODF 1.0

- Svante.