What a RER is

Alex Brown alexb at griffinbrown.co.uk
Wed Nov 3 09:31:53 CET 2010

Dear all,

For those unfamiliar with the term "RER" &c. I suggest consulting the JTC 1 Directives.

These are now in three layers: the ISO/IEC directives at base, then the "JTC 1 Supplement", and finally a set of "Standing Documents". RERs are defined in detail  in a Standing Document ("Normative Referencing"). I attach a copy of that document.

All these JTC 1 procedural documents are available at:

http://isotc.iso.org/livelink/livelink?func=ll&objId=9384365&objAction=browse&sort=name

- Alex.