Finals Drafts of the DCOR Set for 29500 Parts 1 and 4

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Thu Dec 11 18:25:06 CET 2014

Good catch Caroline.

DR 10-18 is the one that put the ODBC definition in Clause 4, which is where
it belongs. It appears that when I implemented DR 13-07, which is that one
that put AutoFilter, MDX, and OLAP in 12.1, I seem to have also put a copy
of ODBC there.

The simple solution is to remove ODBC from 12.1 (item 10), as Caroline
suggested.

From: Arms, Caroline [mailto:caar at loc.gov]
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2014 8:09 AM
To: 'Rex Jaeschke'; SC 34 WG4
Subject: RE: Finals Drafts of the DCOR Set for 29500 Parts 1 and 4

Rex,

I just noticed one thing on a skim.  It looks as though the Part 1 changes
(#4 and #10) result in the ODBC entry being in both Terms and Definitions
AND in the SpreadsheetML-specific Terms.  Other changes seem to be intended
to remove duplication of definitions.   I do find a mention of ODBC in
17.14.10 and 17.16.5.12 and more -- in WordprocessingML.  So maybe it should
be dropped from  the insertions in #10.

Today, I will be trying to join the call by cellphone while we are
traveling.  If weather or coverage is bad, I may not make it.

     Hope to talk to you.   Caroline

Caroline Arms
Library of Congress Contractor
Co-compiler of Sustainability of Digital Formats resource
http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/formats/

** Views expressed are personal and not necessarily those of the institution
**