WD3 of the OPC Spec

caroline arms caroline.arms at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 21:35:04 CEST 2016

Rex and Murata-san,

Since I wasn't at the face-to-face, I don't know exactly what was decided
there, but here are a few things I notice, in addition to  anomalies
reported by Murata-san.

Terms and definitions.   I have a question about what the ISO guidelines
for T&D would say about "relationship, package" and "relationship, part."
I wonder about adding "package relationship" "part relationship" to the
list with pointers to the inverted forms -- since the context of
"relationship" does seem useful.

8.3.2  At this point (before any changes based on Murata-san's comments), I
see "a historical" in one place and "an historical" somewhere else.
Personally, I would go for "a" but then I was brought up pronouncing the
"h" -- but consistency would be important if the term is used twice.

8.3.6  Case 3.  The second para is still confusing to me.  It would be
better either to drop "within a relationship part" or to replace "a" with
"the," since for this case, the only part iit can be is ./rels/rels.

8.4  I assume the reformatting Rex mentions in his comment has not yet been
done.  I note that my recommendation to clarify that 5.2.3 (in example 2,
part 1 and example 3, part 1) refers to RFC 3986 (and not this OPC spec)
has not been accepted.  If the repeated references to 5.2.3 survive the
reformatting, I think this clarification would be essential.

8.5.2  Need to be consistent about whether we use "relationship part" or
"relationships part."  I think "relationships part" is probably correct and
apologize for instances where I have used the singular version.

8.5.3.1   need space in "specifiedin"

   Hope this helps

   Caroline