Draft minutes of meeting in Prague, 2011-03-31

Francis Cave francis at franciscave.com
Mon Apr 11 11:49:26 CEST 2011

Thanks to spotting the errors, Dennis. I attach a corrected draft.

Regarding the timing of a BRM, according the JTC 1 Supplement to the ISO/IEC Directives (Clause F.4.2), a BRM may be held "not earlier than two and a half months after the distribution of comments...". On Dennis' projections that would imply that a BRM could be held as early as the middle of April 2012 but not earlier.

There doesn't seem to be any procedural reason for not delaying the BRM until the end of June, other than that it delays the FDIS ballot that would normally have to follow the BRM (unless the BRM makes no changes to the DIS text). Any revisions of the DIS text would necessitate further approval processes within OASIS, so the FDIS text would presumably not be issued immediately. The FDIS ballot period is two months.

By my calculation, the earliest that we would start maintenance of a published International Standard would be around September 2012.

Francis Cave
Convenor