REMINDER: Teleconference meeting of WG 6, 2011-06-22, 14:30 - 15:30 UTC

Francis Cave francis at franciscave.com
Sat Jun 18 19:01:57 CEST 2011

Dear members of WG 6

Clearly you are not going to be able to participate in this teleconference
meeting if I don't provide joining instructions.

My apologies! Joining instructions are appended below.

We will be aiming to use the new WebEx teleconference meeting service
provided by ISO. See below for instructions on how to access the audio part
of the teleconference by phone. I will use WebEx to share documents under
discussion, and there is a chat facility. If there are any documents that
you wish to share with the meeting, and they are not already listed on the
agenda, please let me know in advance, but remember that no decisions can be
taken about documents that have not been made available for review by WG 6
members well in advance of the meeting.

You are advised that we have so far not been able to make the computer audio
option (i.e. not requiring use of a phone) work with Ubuntu, because the
browser (Firefox is the default with Ubuntu, I believe) needs to have the
latest version of the Sun/Oracle Java plugin installed. Patrick Durusau and
I have been trying to find a solution to this problem (in theory the WebEx
service should be fully operable on Ubuntu), but so far have not been able
to establish a working configuration. If anyone can contribute to a
solution, please let me know! We hope we are making progress on this
problem, and will email further advice, if we have a solution. So, if you
are connecting via Ubuntu, we advise you that you will probably need to use
your phone to join the audio part of the teleconference meeting. Mac and
Windows PC users should be able to use the computer audio option (provided
you have a microphone and speakers installed, of course).

Francis Cave

Convenor

Meeting information
Topic: SC 34/WG 6 teleconference meeting