Draft NWIP

Jim Peterson Jim.Peterson at pkware.com
Thu Jan 6 15:41:23 CET 2011

Rob,

I expect this would not materially change the proposal draft, but one
comment/statement I have is...

Under "Scope", the reference "...provisions of the latest version
(6.3.2) of PKWARE's ZIP Application Note..." specifically calls out
6.3.2.  Based on comments we've heard through this group, PKWARE is
working to provide a clarifying draft of the APPNOTE that we anticipate
may help the RER use of the APPNOTE by addressing the issue of
referencing elements within the APPNOTE.  It will also provide more
clarity on both conformance and IP, highlighting in greater detail the
specific sections that would be impacted by IP to further identify which
elements of ZIP would require a license and which would not.  This
revision would not change or introduce any new storage attributes, but
would have a higher version number TBD (i.e. 6.3.3?)...

I expect a draft of this APPNOTE will be available sometime ahead of the
March session.  Anyone interested in previewing this can contact me
directly.