DR 09-0194 ? WML: Use of terminology "id" and "unique identifier"

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Sat Jul 31 01:53:20 CEST 2010

Although the current wording is extremely confusing to XML or SGML
experts, I agree that changing key words is too dangerous.  However,
I would argue that editorial changes are needed.

It appears that OOXML never uses xsd:ID or xsd:NMTOKEN as an identifier.
If this is the case, I would propose to introduce a subclause somewhere
in Part 1.

	*.* Identifiers in 29500 (Normative)

	Identifiers in this International Stadard shall be numbers
	rather than names as defined in XML.

	Example: The attribute numID (Part1, Clause 17.3.1.19) specifies
	an integer rather than a name.

	Note:   Schemas in this standard does not specify the datatypes
	xsd:ID and xsd:IDREF for any of the attributes or elements
	introduced in this International Stadard.