DR 11-0033, "WML: Positioning of Emphasis Marks" still not quite resolved to China's satisfaction

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Wed Feb 13 17:56:28 CET 2013

Some time ago, we closed this DR and then re-opened it. Then last week we
closed it again. However, China still has some concerns. See below an
extract from private mail to me.

While I sympathize with China's concerns, I think that their proposal to
change several enumerations' short names is a breaking change for
implementers. That said, standards are allowed to have breaking changes.

Comments please.

Rex