Examples in 29500-3

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Tue Jan 8 16:28:17 CET 2013

Dear colleagues,

I am reviewing examples in published 29500-3.

I think that, for each example, we should provide
some configurations and output documents.

Most examples are very useful, while a few
examples are not.  Here are my comments on
all examples.

"Example 10–1. Processing Ignorable attribute "
should be moved to a different location.
We should provide sample configurations and
output documents as well.

"Example 10–2. Processing Ignorable content using namespaces"
is not very useful, and can be deleted without loss of information.

"Example 10–3. Processing Ignorable and ProcessContent attributes "
should be moved to a different location.
We should provide sample configurations and
output documents as well.

"Example 10–4. ProcessContent and expanded names"
is not very useful, and can be
deleted without loss of information.

"Example 10–5. Processing an attribute’s prefixed qualified name "
and "Example 10–6. Processing a MustUnderstand attribute "
should be kept.  They demonstarte that the whole point of
mustUnderstand is to raise a mismatch error as soon as possible.
We should provide sample configurations.

"Example 10–7. Processing AlternateContent markup" and
"Example 10–8. Processing AlternateContent markup using namespaces "
look very similar.  Why do we need both?
We should provide sample configurations and output documents as well.

"Example 12–2. An application-defined add-in element"
looks useful, but has to be revised using the ExtensionElements
attribute.

"Example 13–1. Preprocessing using Markup Compatibility elements and attribu"
is useless since it is about subsumption.