WHATWG URL and OPC

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Thu Aug 9 10:03:55 CEST 2018

Dear colleagues,

There are several specifications for URIs and IRIs.
The OPC draft references RFCs 3986 and 3987, and it
should continue to do so.

However, browser implementers care the WHATWG URL
specification.  It is easy to read for browser
implementers and nobody else.  Node.js now has a
good implementation of this specification.

I tried Node.js for the examples in the current OPC
draft.

First, I am happy to report that the examples in 8.4
(Resolving relative references) are completely
consistent with Node.js.  The result of  resolution
as specified in 8.4 is identical to what Node.js reports.

Second, I tested each of the preprocessing steps in
Annex A.  Node.js does none of them.  In other words,
these steps are indeed specific to OPC.

This message has been scanned for malware by Forcepoint. www.forcepoint.com