DR 11-0030: OPC: Obsolete version of W3C XML Digital Signature 1.0

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Tue Jun 21 14:23:38 CEST 2016

The currently published OPC Is messier than our
imagination.

I see both

Namespaces in XML 1.1, W3C Recommendation, 4 February 2004.

and

XML Namespaces, Tim Bray, Dave Hollander, Andrew Layman, and Richard Tobin
(editors). Namespaces in
XML 1.0 (Third Edition), 8 December 2009. World Wide Web Consortium.
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-xmlnames-20091208/

in the 2012 edition of Part 2.  Moreover, I see both

Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.0 (Third Edition), W3C Recommendation,
04 February 2004.

and

XML, Tim Bray, Jean Paoli, Eve Maler, C. M. Sperberg-McQueen, and François
Yergeau (editors). Extensible
Markup Language (XML) 1.0, Fourth Edition. World Wide Web Consortium. 2006.
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-20060816/. [Implementers should be aware
that a further correction of

the normative reference to XML to refer to the 5th Edition will be
necessary when the related Reference
Specifications to which this International Standard also makes normative
reference and which also depend upon
XML, such as XSLT, XML Namespaces and XML Base, are all aligned with the
5th Edition.]

In both cases, we should have the latter only.  Moreover, REC-xmlnames in
the URL should be REC-xml-names