Partial working draft of Amendment 1 to ISO/IEC 26300:2006

Francis Cave francis at franciscave.com
Tue Jun 15 23:04:52 CEST 2010

Dear members of WG 6

I am finally able to attach a partial working draft of Amendment 1. I have
got as far as the end of §14 (of ODF v1.1).

Those of you who are familiar with the presentation of Amendments to IS
29500 will see that I have adopted a similar approach, using formatting to
indicate insertions and deletions.

In addition to needing to complete the draft with the changes in the
remainder of the standard, I am aware of the following significant issues
with this draft:

-          The Section numbers refer to ODF v1.1 and not ODF v1.0. This is
because the documents with which I have been working are based upon ODF
v1.1. I realise that these numbers will need to be changed to refer to IS
26300:2006. This must be done before the draft is balloted.

-          I have not included any page numbers, for the same reason. This
also needs to be fixed before the draft is balloted.

-          I have not included any Defect Report or JIRA references. Do we
need to add these to the draft? They enable NBs to determine the source of
each amendment, especially where it relates to a specific DR submitted by a
member of SC 34. It may be that we don’t need them in this case, because it
can be argued that all the amendments have the same source: the published
text of ODF v1.1 which OASIS submitted to JTC 1/SC 34 as a basis for the
Amendment. What do you think?

-          The whole draft needs to be checked for accuracy. I would very
much appreciate the assistance of the Working Group in carrying out this
task.

This draft will form a major item for discussion at our next teleconference
meeting, which is scheduled to take place on 2010-06-23, i.e. one week from
now. I will circulate a meeting reminder and draft agenda shortly.

Francis Cave

Convenor